Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 2.7 v Mercury Batteries?

  1. #1
    SuperDork
    Guest SuperDork's Avatar

    Question

    I have a GAF camera that's got a lot of great features (3 speeds, single-frame, manual/auto exposure,backlingt,etc.)

    However, the light meter requires a 2.7 v mercury battery.
    Does anyone know where I might order one?

    If I can't find one, can I expect good results if I use a hand-held light meter?

    Thanks for any info.

    Jesse

    ------------------

  2. #2
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    In our (German) Super 8 paper "Schmalfilm" which is sold in two and two months, there is a solution for Nizo cameras, which have the same problem: no more mercury battery for the light meter. The solution is, to apply a voltage regulater, adjusted to this voltage into the camera, taking advantage of the batteries for the motor, regulating the voltage down and supplying the meter with it.
    Pedro

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •